Two dogs have been caught on camera sacrificing their lives to stop a deadly cobra getting into the house while a baby slept. The one-year-old girl called Skye was sleeping in the house in Kidapawan City, the Philippines, when the deadly snake entered the front garden last Friday.
CCTV footage shows two-year-old white dachshund Moxie immediately dash over to the snake and start pawing it. But sensing danger, protective Miley, four, launches into a frenzied attack and picks up the cobra in its jaws. The snake then makes a beeline for the front door but the pair of dogs work together, biting its tail and dragging it away from children’s toys and the room where Skye was sleeping.
After a two-minute tussle, the snake stops moving and dies. Miley also died from her injuries after being bitten by the cobra one of the most venomous snakes in the world. Moxie survived but was left blind after being hit by the snake’s sprayed venom.
Skye’s father, Jaime Selim, said him and his wife, Pauie, were at work at the time but his daughter was sleeping at home and a babysitter was also in the home. He said: ‘My wife and I were out for work. When we arrived, our helper told us what happened and reviewed the cameras. We were shocked but also so proud of the dogs.’ Jaime added: ‘I can’t thank my dogs enough for protecting my baby Skye. We will miss Miley so much.’
Go ahead and share this! Don’t miss out the fun, hit the like button on our Facebook page now!