According to the police, the firework ignited the methane trapped in the sewers causing a boom of epic proportions. Three vehicles were damaged, but no one was injured.
A manhole exploded after a boy put lit fireworks over the seal, igniting trapped methane from the sewer in a city in northern China.
The dramatic video, filmed in Chifeng City in Inner Mongolia on January 30, shows a boy trying to put some lit fireworks through the manhole cover and it violently exploding. White smoke can be seen bursting out of the manhole while the cover and the bricks around it are sent flying, leaving a smoking hole in the ground.
The scared boy, seemingly unhurt, runs away immediately and shouts: “Mum, I am so scared.”
The kid has learned a valuable lesson that day.
What do you think? Leave a comment and don’t forget to share this! Get the freshest and most entertaining updates everyday by liking our Facebook page.