mDisucss is a media company. Our mission is to make the world happier.
When you use these services, you’ll share some information with us. We want to explain clearly what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we get when you use our services
- Information we get from third parties
Here’s how we collect your information.
How We Collect Information
Information You Choose To Give Us
When you use and interact with our services, we collect the information you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic mDisucss account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you choose, a password, an e-mail address, and your date of birth. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, for example a profile picture, a name, or other identifiable information. Our other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit card or credit card number and its associated account information.
You’ll also provide any information you send through our services, such as post and comment uploads. Keep in mind that the posts and comments you upload can be seen publicly, and can always be saved and copied outside of our services. Please don’t share content you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
Lastly, when you contact us or communicate with us in any way, we’ll collect any information you give us.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which services you use and how you use them. For example, we may know what section or post you are reading, when you’re reading it, and how you’re reading it (desktop, mobile browser, or mobile app). Here’s a more detailed explanation of the information we collect when you use our services:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example:
- How you interact with our services, such as what sections you look at, what you search for, what posts and comments you upload, or what posts and comments you upvote or downvote.
Content Information. We collect content you create on our services. For example:
- The images, videos, and text you upload
We also collect information about the content you create. For example:
- When you created the content
- Where you created the content
- How you created the content such as device information
We also collect information about how other users interact with your content. For example:
- Post upvotes and downvotes
- Comments and comment upvotes and downvotes
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example:
- Information about your hardware and software, such as hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone.
- Information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones.
- Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as service provider, and signal strength.
Device Phonebook. With your permission, we may collect information from your device’s phonebook so you can connect and communicate with your friends using our services. This information will only be used for the described feature (looking up friends, etc) and will not be stored or repurposed.
Camera and Photos. Some of our services require us to collect images and other information from your devices’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload images or videos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or media library.
Location Information. When you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our services. For example:
- Details about how you’ve used our services.
- Device information, such as web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages and content viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visited before or after visiting our website or using our service.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may collect information from our affiliates and third parties. For example:
- If you use your Google or Facebook account to sign up or sign in to our services, we may receive information so you can create or access your mDisucss account.
- If you interact with one of our advertisers, they may share information with us to help target or measure ad performance.
How We Use Information
We use your information to provide you with the best products and services we can build and improve. Here’s what we use this information for:
- To develop, maintain, improve, deliver, and protect our products and services.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usages of our products and services.
- Send you communications, including by e-mail. Examples include using e-mail to respond to support inquiries, or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Personalize our services by showing you better and more relevant content.
- Provide ad targeting and measurement, including the use of your precise location information to show relevant ads.
- Enhance and enforce the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud, or other authorized and illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected cookies and other data to enhance our services and products.
- Enforce our Terms of Service, Community Rules, and other usage policies.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other mDisucss Users. We may share information with other mDisucss users. Examples include:
- Information about you, such as your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Information you upload, such as image or video posts.
- Information about how you interacted with our services, such as the content you saved, the comments you post, and the content you upvote and downvote.
With all mDisucss Users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share information with all mDisucss users, our business partners, and the general public. Examples include:
- Public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Content submissions and saved content set to be viewable by everyone.
- Content from our services that you share on other services, such as Facebook or Pinterest.
With our affiliates. We may share information with the entities within the mDisucss Limited family of companies.
With third parties. We may share your information with third parties. Examples include:
- With service providers. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is necessary. Examples include:
- To comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To investigate, enforce, or remedy potential Terms of Service violations
- To protect the safety, rights, and property of mDisucss, our users, or others.
- To detect and resolve any fraud or security matters or concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If mDisucss Limited gets involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with the company before, during, and after the transaction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information with third parties, such as advertisers.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded-service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information, including personal information, directly to the third party, to us, or to both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services
Provided by Others
Some companies, including our affiliates, may use information collected on our services to measure the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
Provided by Us
How Long We Keep Your Information
mDisucss stores your information, the posts you upload, and the comments you upload for a period of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information, including your name, username, and email address until you ask us to delete them
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use.
- We are constantly collecting and updating information about the things you like or dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant data, more relevant ads, and a better user experience.
If you decide to stop using mDisucss, you can ask us to delete your account.
There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process or request asking us to preserve that content, or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service Violations. We may also need to retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time, or as required by law.
Control over Your Information
At mDisucss, your privacy is important to us. We want you to have control over the information you give us, the information we use, and the information we keep. These are the tools we provide you to control your information:
- Download My Data. You can request your data to be sent to you.
- Removing Permissions. If you agree to let us use your information, you can change your mind at any time by changing the settings on your device. If you remove permission, certain services may be impacted and may lose functionality.
- Deletion. We hope you remain a mDisucss user for life, but if you want to delete your account, please contact us.
Users in the European Union and European Economic Area
If you’re a user in the European Union or European Economic Area, please note that mDisucss Limited is the data controller of your information. Here’s additional information we would like you to know:
Bases For Using Your Information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply or are met. These conditions are called legal bases. At mDisucss, we rely on one of the following bases:
- Contract. We may use your information because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you buy our merchandise and have accepted our Terms and Services, we may use some of your information to collect payment and to make sure you receive the right product, at the right time, to the right address.
- Legitimate Interest. We may use your information because we – or a third party – has a legitimate interest. For example, we need to use your information to provide, maintain and improve our services. This includes protecting your account, uploading your posts and comments, providing customer support, and showing the best content you’ll like. Most of these services are free. To keep the lights on at mDisucss HQ, we may use this information to show you relevant ads. We believe legitimate interest does not outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data does not significantly impact your privacy.
- Consent. We may ask for your consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions at any time. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data such as your location.
- Legal obligation. We may use your personal information when we are required to comply with the law, such as when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users or employees.
Your Right To Object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. For some data, we’ve provided you with the ability to delete your data if you don’t want us to store or process it anymore. For other data, you can stop our use of your information by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things on our site or in our apps. If you find other types of information you don’t agree with us using, please contact us.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. When we share information of EU and EEA users outside the EU or EEA, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. For internal transfers, we rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Your Right To Complain
If you’re based in the EU or EEA and have a complaint, you can file your complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member States. For example, if you’re based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our services are not intended for anyone under 13. We don’t direct our services to anyone under 13.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. We may limit how we collect, use and store some of the information of EUor EEA users between ages 13 and 16. If we need to rely on consent as a legal bases for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information
Contact mDisucss about your Privacy
Privacy Controls FAQ
We’ve created this FAQ to explain in detail the controls you have over your data with mDisucss. If you have a question that this FAQ doesn’t answer, please submit your question in the contact us form below.
Currently mDisucss supports the following privacy features:
- Delete My Data
Your privacy is important to us. We continue to work on ways to improve the control you have over your data. Please contact us if you have any suggestions or feedback on our privacy features.
Delete My Data
You can choose to delete some of your profile information, please email to [email protected].